Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Houston Marathon


The Marathon has come and gone, Looking back on my training for it or what some would say lack of training. I would not have changed anything. Yea I didn't have a fast time but I feel great two days later. The longest run I had leading up to it was 9 miles, I did nothing but Crossfit.com WOD's, and a few 3/6 milers. I did cut down on my Olympic lifting, just because I did not want to gain any extra weight.
The great thing is I have no blisters and no pain.




Post Marathon WOD, Me and Kris. I got it from CrossFit Endurance.
12 Pull ups
12 Push ups
12 Sit ups GHD
12 Hip Ex GHD
12 KB Swings
3x NOT FOR TIME

And some foam rolling. It was a little tough to get started, but afterwards we felt a lot better.
Day after I had a little knee pain and a little foot/ankle pain, not to bad. Today, 2 days after and I feel good, I'm going to do today's CF.com wod, nothing crazy, not worried about time, just want to get the muscles moving.






I want to say a Big thank you to all the supporters that came out to support the Marathoners. It was a great event. To the LuLu peps and the Bayou City/Pin Up crew y'all are AWSOME!
Also a big THANK YOU to Chris for running with me those 4 miles and to Katie for running the last 2 miles with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment