Sunday, December 26, 2010

My WOD

The Day after Christmas, all my thoughts are on how bless I am to have a great family, and secondly on all the food that I stuffed in my belly. So last night I looked at CF.com to see what the WOD was going to be and what do I see:


"Bull"

200 Double Unders

50 OHS (135lbs)

50 Pull Ups

1 Mile Run

2X for Time


First thought was: Nasty, just what I needed to kick my butt back into the grove. Then I read down it a little further:

U.S. Marine Corps Captain Brandon "Bull" Barrett, 27, of Marion, Indiana, assigned to the 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force, based out of Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, was killed on May 5, 2010, while supporting combat operations in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, He is survived by his parents Cindy and Brett Barrett, his sisters Ashley and Taylor Barrett, his brother Brock Barrett, and his grandmother Carmen Johnson.

Damn, after that It was a little more real. It made me think of my family and how lucky I am to of had us together for Christmas and to have my Aunt and Uncle down. I thought about Brandon's family, and said a little prayer for them, I could only imagine what my parents and sister would of gone through if I didn't make home from Iraq. I'm truly blessed.

The Hero WOD's on CrossFit.com are all really tough and that they should be, In every hero WOD at some point during the WOD I think of the person, and I know it could be a lot worse.

Never Forget!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment