Monday, March 4, 2013

THE CROSSFIT OPEN 2013

                                               THE CROSSFIT OPEN 2013

  • Some people have been waiting all year for this week. For some its the first time they are committing to go individual. Others are not even sure if they want to be on a team. Some people's emotions are all over the place and nervous as hell. Others are just doing it to have fun. 
  • Some people are dreading the up coming event. Either competitors, or girlfriends/ boyfriends of competitors, even some clients, that don't even care about the Open.
  • Some people are ready, they can't wait for the Open because it means the Games are just that much closer. They have sacrificed a lot, and have made CrossFit their life. 
No matter where you are on the above spectrum. You have to enjoy it. This is one of the best seasons for CrossFit, people from all around the world come together for one workout. In what other way is this possible. To me that is amazing. I am excited to be able to participate in the 2013 CrossFit Open. 

Enjoy the Open!!! Cheer People On!!! Have Fun!!!Be apart of something special. A lot goes into the Open. All the way from the top of CrossFit all the way down to the Boxes that host it,  judge it, and  checks everyone's scores online.  


   This year the Open will be a little different for me. I will not be able to play in my home town of Houston at Bayou City CF or Pin Up CF. I will be competing individually under East Coast CrossFit, I can not sign up under their team or Bayou City CrossFit's team. Due to the rules: a owner of a box can not compete for another team and since I am on the East Coast for another year, so I will compete in the Mid Atlantic. Fun Fun. Unfortunately I will not be able to compete at Regionals, I have a scheduled training event. I am disappointed, but there is nothing I can do about it. 

I will be done and back in Houston by next CF season, at that point I will have to evaluate myself and see what is possible for 2014. It might all just be focused for 2015! 

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I have a question about your blog, could you please email me? Thanks!!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete