Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cortisol Out of Control

So this is life, I went to Robb Wolf's seminar at CF West Houston this past Sunday. I have been able to hear Robb talk nutrition, live, 3 times now, and each time I hear something new.

One of the big things I heard was CORTISOL, and for me why I get sick with upper respiratory infection.
Last week I trained every day M-Sat, and any where from 2 to 3 times a day. My workouts where WOD's, runs, and Oly lifting. A little to much. So Sunday while at Rob's talk I started feeling bad. I took off Monday from all workouts. Tuesday I ended up doing a WOD, and from there started to go down hill. Here I am Thursday night still coughing, sniffling, and just feeling weak.

Over training is a big deal with a lot people, and as much as I preach it I still do it. I'm going back to the drawing boards with my own training and going to add a little more rest in there and not as much volume.

Cortisol has to do with stress, over training, lack of sleep, over or under eating. To hear some of Rob Wolf and Cortisol click here a listen to Episode 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment