Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What's Up

So what can I say, I'm not great at updating my blog. I will be spending more time on here.

My topic for this entry is Regionals and Fun. We are 2 weeks out from an amazing competition. The funny thing is I just started hitting it hard this past Monday. A couple weeks later then I wanted to. What can I say my best friends bachelor party was just a little more important.
I know a lot of people are burned out of training their asses off, and some just lose the fun of it. People get stressed out days, weeks, and months before the event. Having any or all of these is not going to help you get better, stronger, or faster.
Every one that is going to compete individually has already won, they have made it to Regionals. Not just anyone can do that. So there is something to be happy about. Sometimes when I workout I push out any thought of Regionals, I look around and try to have fun. I think that is one big reason why I love to workout with a team (Team WOD's). You have to find the FUN in it. Some of y'all might say, this is CrossFit it's not suppose to be fun. CrossFit to me is nothing but fun. The WOD of the day, seeing people's reaction when they first look at the WOD, the small celebration every one has when they complete the WOD, and one of my favorites is listening to people cheer on other people.
If you are competing in Regionals or just training hard at the box, and you fall under the song from Top Gun " you have lost that loving feeling", or in our case the fun feeling. You need to find it, change your approach to the WOD's, maybe take an extra day off, find away to get it back, their are plenty of people I know that will help, including me. FIND the FUN!!!
So for my case with Regionals and Fun, if any of y'all are going to Regionals, if you look at me before the WOD, and see a serious, mean looking expression on my face know that I'm having fun, to me that is fun. All the emotions all the thoughts all the nerves, if I didn't have that I would be doing something else.

Train Hard Train Smart and Train to have FUN!!!

2 comments: